Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chilean Sea Bass with Mango Salsa

I was in Albany for my sister's Pre-Wedding Celebration this weekend so I didn't cook, but I thought I'd share this fish recipe that I made and photographed a while ago and never posted.

It was such a fun weekend with lots of friends and family, and I learned that many of them read this blog!  Thanks readers! 

My mom made a salmon dish with peach chutney this weekend (Yum!), which reminded me how much a love fish served with sweet condiments.  This recipe makes 3 cups of mango salsa which is great to eat leftover with chips, or make a smaller amount if you want just enough to eat with the fish.


Sea Bass with Mango Salsa
Adapted from the Kosher Palette II

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound Chilean sea bass, or other meaty fish
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

For the salsa:
2 cups peeled, diced mango
1/3 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons minced cilantro AND/OR
1 tablespoon minced mint leaves
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

For the Fish:  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste.  Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat and saute garlic.  Add the fish and brown both sides.  Process the nuts if using, crumbs, 1 tbs. olive oil, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a food processor until well mixed.  Coat the fish with bread crumb mixture.  Bake for at least 25 minutes or until cooked through.  Spoon salsa over hot fish.

For the Salsa:  Combine all salsa ingredients.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 2.  Salsa can be made in advance and refrigerated.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the fish and chutney. It was actually peach,not mango, since peaches are so good locally right now. Your recipe looks yummy! Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction! I had some for lunch today so I should know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend! I was delayed for 6 hours on the train back between Albany and Hudson, so I went to the cafe car and got paper cups and plastic forks and fed my whole car the leftover veggies, salad, corns and bean, orzo salad and grapes that I had with me. There was enough for everybody who wanted it. It was like another party! People asked for the orzo salad recipe - can you post that one? Maybe some 2pm Amtrak readers will see it. Many said it was the best salad they ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom made the orzo salad...maybe she'll post it?

    ReplyDelete